Thursday, April 25, 2013

With the new day comes new strength and thoughts - Eleanor Roosevelt


YUMMERS!
I just wanted to give a shout out to my FAVORITE uncle (my only uncle), for sending me two glorious care packages.  I will no doubt be on a sugar high for the next few weeks! Haha I am rounding through my third 12-hour shift in a row, and by tonight I will be completely exhausted. I head to Anchorage (The Big City!) tomorrow morning, and will ski one last day at Alyeska, the ski resort just outside of town (this is their closing weekend).  
Mail is here! Hehehe just bungee the boxes to the racks and I was ready to come home from the post office

I probably won't get back to update until Sunday.  The last few days have been interesting.  

The only thing I will say about the patients that I have seen so far this week is that domestic violence is terrible.  And even in a little town like Nome you will never escape the threat of it.  I just hope this person finds the means inside to stay away from the person hurting them. But being in such a small town there isn't anywhere to really run to.  I hope they heard me when I told them that the ER is a safe place to come should they find themselves in that situation again.  Big city problems? Sounds like people problems; and sometimes, people suck. 

Time to slam down some oatmeal and hot tea and run out the door! 9a-9p is the shift today! 

Take care lovelies!



No comments:

Post a Comment