Friday, April 5, 2013

Saying ain't this life so sweet? - David Gray


Touch Tank in Seward
Alaska does not disappoint. Ever.   It is completely mesmerizing and leaves you absolutely speechless, and for those of you that know me... you know that is almost impossible to do to me.  Mom and I got into Anchorage Tuesday night, went to the wonderful Humpy's bar and restaurant (mom swore I was taking her to ta titty bar with a name like Humpy's!) We had awesome halibut tacos and got to watch the cook make everything as we sat at the bar that overlooked the grill.  We made our way to Girdwood where I am staying until tomorrow.  Mom and I went to a little port town named Seward and it was so cool! We went to the Alaska SeaLife Center and got to see all kinds of things! Even got to touch a Sea Cucumber, and see brand new baby octopus (like real baby, thing was the size of a pencil eraser and still pretty clear)
Awesome building art in Seward! Notice the painted birds above the windows

I got to put down some turns on the ski hill yesterday.  It made my soul feel complete.  The scenery at this ski place is absolutely unparalleled to anything I have ever seen.  I am excited to call this place my new home mountain for the next couple of years, and I look forward to spending some serious hours sliding down the sides of these mountains! When I am among the mountains and playing in what nature has to offer it here that I feel most at peace and closest to the heavens...
View from the top of Chair 6 at Alyeska.

 
I am just waiting for the lift to open around 11am. (Ski buddies this place would be killer for us because of when the sun comes up here lifts don't open until late! We could brunch and THEN ski! Hahaha we would have no problem getting first chair ever again!) To kill the time whilst I wait I am reading up on how to triage patients when they come into the ER and continuing to wonder how I will make the change from living in an urban lifestyle to a very rural one. I"m curious about what mode of transportation I will pick up first. A car, an ATV, a bike? I have no idea! Speaking on no idea.  I have no idea where or what I will be living in. Tomorrow is sure to be a real surprise.  It's also going to be cold.  Note on the picture that Saturday the high is.. 3.  I guess I should be happy it's a positive 3 instead of a minus 3.. right?  
 So the mountains are calling and must answer them.  I will chat more Sunday! I am excited to see my friends when I get there, and eat all the fresh meat one can handle.  I don't know when I will be back to Anchorage, maybe in a month or so. Back to the BIG city ;)

OH I almost forgot! A Bentley update!  We picked up Kitty Kat Attack and smuggled him into the hotel by the Denver Airport for the night Monday April 1. The next morning I gave him some homeopathic remedy called "Rescue Remedy" by Bachs and crammed in his little carrier and away to the airport we went.  He was awesome on the plane and since there was no one in the middle seat, and the guy in the aisle seat was a cat person Bentley was allowed to hang tough in the middle seat in his carrier.  Although I did take him out a couple times and this happened:
The sweetest little boy was so excited to see the kitty out of his carrier! He only wanted to see him, didn't want to pet him. Bentley.. making cat people everywhere he goes ;) The people around us on the plane didn't mind, and enjoyed it when he was out, and I don't think the flight attendants even knew he was on the plane.  Bentley was picked up by Marie at the Seattle airport and he is hanging out at All My Kitties until all of my training in the Anchorage trauma center is done in July.   I will keep you posted on how he's doing at extended cat camp!

So long lovelies! Until we meet again!


No comments:

Post a Comment