Monday, June 24, 2013

Worry is a waste of emotional reserve. - Ayn Rand


Midnight sun from the of Anvil!

I need a little more time to process the last couple of days at work.  One day I will talk about it. Today isn't it.

The approach to Dredge 5
Here we go! 
Ohio ladies! Me and my roomie!
Before this stretch of work we had a few gorgeous days!  So I took full advantage of adventure time.  My roomie and a few of the ER staff went out to dredge #5 that is in the middle of the tundra between the town of Nome and Anvil. We had such an lovely time exploring this piece of gold mining history.  This place was creepy to an extreme!

Having this really nice weather and having more people that have gotten 4-wheelers and wanting to get out more has really improved morale in this little town.  It was the weekend of the Midnight Sun festival and I was stuck working EVERY single day of it. Ugh.  So that kind of sucked. But now it's Monday and everyone everywhere is complaining about how it's Monday... and I am welcoming Monday in by lazing on the couch and writing up a little ditty about my week, all without a bra on.  Have fun at work suckers.  I'm not going and you can't make me! (I am on call, so technically I guess they can make me :( I'll go sit down now).   So anyways the plan today is to go back to the scene of the rollover and not rollover Dirtrude.  I will be headed out with a couple of nurses from the ER.  What an incredible group of folks that we have here.  I feel so lucky and blessed to have all of them in my life.  Even when some of them just use my for my INCREDIBLE Microsoft Excel spreadsheet abilities... thanks engineering degree.. for the win once again!  This week I also started on my epic studying spree for my CEN (Certified Emergency Nurse) course... I will be taking it the first week of October.  Not gonna lie starting at the beginning of my study book and I'm all "Did I even go to nursing school?!" Oof. What a humbling experience.  To say, the more that I learn the more I realize I know nothing at all, has never rang truer.

The crew!
Okay back to Midnight Sun festivities.  Thursday night they had a little air show.  When I say little I think there was 4 airplanes (I'm sorry Jack I have no idea what any of them were!) and a blackhawk helicopter.  It was held at the Air National Guard hangar.  Pretty cool stuff.  Since I had to work Saturday I wasn't able to partake in the Polar Plunge.  So I had my own polar plunge when it was 80 outside! The water  was about 35 degrees.  It was soooooooo cold! But the sun and sand were still so warm on my skin. I had a lovely time! Yes I am that white. I was probably signaling NASA when this happened.  Oops.  I need to find tanning bed or something.  It's kind of ridiculous.  I need to tan up for Mindy's wedding in December... Mexico is going to be brutal on my pale white skin. hahahaha. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! Things I'm thankful for: Awesome friends, Ole Caliente! Nail polish, a crazy roommate, the midnight sun, a support system that won't let me fail.
Oh yeeah.. real cold
There is an iceberg in the background!














Awkward Sara in front of a plane pose! 

Okay lovelies it's time to have a beach adventure! Take care lovelies!





No comments:

Post a Comment