Sunday, May 19, 2013

Think off-center -George Carlin

So it was May 15th and this was happening. Yup still snowing. In fact it is snowing as I type this! Even the natives are growing restless in this never ending winter.  I love snow and the cold, don't get me wrong; but, this is piddly snow. Either snow 3 feet or nature go home and leave the sunshine behind! So we keep getting about 1-2 inches a day, wind is blowing about 25 and around 5pm it turns into little ice balls... seriously. It's gross.  I'm still wearing an 800 fill down jacket, goggles, hat, and snow pants to go out and do anything! I want my sunshine back. Right now.

Hospital was good, it was a slower week. More FOS... but don't worry I stayed out of the line of fire this time ;).  I wonder how people can get SO backed up. It's crazy. What's also crazy is how much pop (yes I'm originally from the midwest. I call it pop.) especially when you think that a 12 pack is like $14.  You would be hard pressed to find a can of pop for a dollar here.

I've had the last few days off and it's been a culinary extravaganza! I have gone a little native in my food choices of fresh King crab straight from Norton Sound (that's basically my backyard) and caribou that my preceptors husband killed a couple of weeks ago! Jesse and her beau cooked up these delightful little guys (4.5lbs each!!)
We got to pick out which ones! We picked up two ;)









Before and After. YUM!

This morning I woke up to slight snow falling again, and the house swaying in the light wind we're having. So I decided it was time to cook up the caribou I received. Now the house smells INSANELY GOOD!

 All of this weather has me thinking again about where I have landed.  The pace is starting to become a little more tolerable, but the loneliness is still always sneaking up on me.  It's funny.  I used to feel so alone in huge cities, filled with everyone being so anonymous.  Here the loneliness stems from the feeling of complete isolation from the world.  Watching events happen on TV from parts of the country that are being devastated by storms, tornadoes, scandal, etc. I feel like I don't even know what is going on.  I just focus on how much closer the open water looks today than it did yesterday... because when that ice finally blows out to sea and the beach is mostly free of ice... I will obviously need a bikini picture! I don't care if it's 40 degrees outside! BEACH TIME!!! hahaha I'm sure it will last about 35 seconds before I turn blue.  I make for a really poor Eskimo.

Monday after all that snowy storminess I walked out of work to see this most beautiful sight:
I couldn't help but think of my departed grandfather and grandmother. Was a much needed sign that everything is going to turn out okay.  This big blue hole in the storm clouds shown to me immediately after walking out of work.  Note this picture was taken around 930pm.  I can't wait until I get to actually experience the midnight sun and ride my ATV like a total loon up onto the mountains just outside of town!  AHHHH WEATHER JUST F-ING BREAK ALREADY AND STOP SUCKING!! I want my 5 weeks of spring before it's winter again!

Okay I just needed to get that off my chest.  Well not much else going on. I got some sick new scrubs. They are of course HOT pink... and everyone loved them.  Bright colors are needed in this town.  If I have to be the one that ushers this incredible fashion trend into this town.. consider it done. This burden I will accept ;)

And a last picture from Friday evening. The clouds were parting and more clouds were on the way.  But I got this picture from the third floor. You can see the open water. It's the dark blue line on the horizon. 

I also want to say hello and thank you to my readers in Russia, South Korea, England, Australia, and Germany! Thanks for stopping by and reading! 

Until next time! Keep it real lovelies. 

1 comment:

  1. Keep em coming Chapman!!! I am lovin your BLOG!!! So much fun to read.

    ReplyDelete