Friday, May 22, 2015

(part 2 of 4) The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page. – Saint Augustine

Next on my journey in life.... I went to Brazil for 3 weeks! I visited a close family friend who lives there. I had the experience of a lifetime. I even left an organ in the country. Oops.  Made some new friends who don't speak English, but Google translate helps to keep the communication going strong. I'll write more on my emergency appendectomy in a future post.  All I can say.... I'm glad i had travel insurance, and I'm glad I had some idea of what was going to happen.... that being said.... People in the private hospital that I went to in Natal, Brazil did not speak English. The physicians spoke broken English. It was glorious. 

All right on to the pictures!

Champagne and a fold flat seat for the 8.5 hour flight from Miami to
Belo Horizonte, Brazil


Caipirinhas. Delicious sugar cane cocktails! 
Belo Horizonte, Brazil from afar. 

Waiting for my luggage I found a little piece of home! Alaska
bakery!
I even went on a tour of caverns.
The tour was in Portuguese. I have no
idea what happened here. None. Earth stuff.

On the road from Belo to Varginha.  Stuck in a 3 hour traffic jam. at least the view was lovely


Varginha is pretty much the Roswell of Brazil

Coming over the mountains into Rio. Torrential rain made the crazy Brazilian drivers that much crazier. It was similar to real life Mario Cart on the Rainbow Road course. 

I started my ER experience in this chair.


my scars

My nasty appendix

And I left the hospital for this view to recover. Life was really hard on the beaches of Natal!


I'm ALIVE!!!


Henrique my trustee sidekick through this adventure


The city of Natal 

My first post surgery cocktail. Surgeon approved!

Next stop on my north beach excursions... Pipa! 
My lunch date
My beach date


Watching the fishing boats

Stunner of a sunset

A side trip to a new beach. We came to these bluffs and views. I've never seen anything like it. 

The ceiling at the Natal craft center.

Me and the bridge!

I visited a fortress!
The Natal bridge from the fortress



This Mexican restaurant didn't have Mexican food.The fish soup was still pretty tasty though, and the beer was ICE cold 


Watching the sunset in San Miguel, Brazil

Me and Manu!

A storm rolling in, San Miguel, Brazil

A cool scene. A boy washing his horse in the ocean by San Miguel, Brazil

The start of the longest road in Brazil




New friends! Manu speaks little English, I speak little Portuguese. Google Translate for the win!

Smoky Rio 

The insanely gorgeous sunset

Henrique found Jesus too. I made him. 

The day I found Jesus. He was on top of a hill that is accessible only by a tram. Who would have thought!

Christ The Redeemer

The street performers in Rio are completely legit.

The city of Ouro Preto, Brazil. I spent my last night in Brazil in a charming hotel that was built in the 1600's. 

looking down the alleys and streets

The clock tower in the city square in Ouro Preto

A wonderful last meal and wine in Brazil. What an incredible experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment