Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. - Frank Lloyd Wright

Salmon Lake
Monday my new roomie and one of the other ER nurses went on an epic 4-wheel ride out to a place called Salmon Lake.  It was a 35 mile ride north of Nome.  Majority of the ride was on a really well kept dirt road.  Here are some pictures of this awesome ride.  It didn't rain on us, but man it sure looked like it wanted to.  And that would have been a miserable 35 mile ride back home with the wind.... Thank you baby Jesus. And here are some pictures!


Clouds being chased away by the sun

The river that flows into Salmon Lake

I see all the fishies... I want to catch one! 


Hunting Salmon
Failure. But hey at least I gave it the old college
try. And we all know how good I am at college. 




















Look at all these blueberries! They go for $25 a quart! and
they were EVERYWHERE out here












Just a beautiful ride. The way the clouds put shadows on the
hills and the mountains.. Love.













Came across these guys! REINDEER! EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

They must be on their way to find Santa






















Small river crossing

Our tundra beasts! 























Grand total of 72 miles of riding that day.  My hips still kind of hurt! But we had so so so much fun.  I love being able to go and check out the surrounding areas.  I certainly did a little hunting for some good snow machining and skiing... this is going to be a fun winter :)

I am off to Anchorage tonight!

Until next time lovelies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment