Sunday, January 19, 2014

Life must be lived as play - Plato


Me and Lindy driving to Girdwood along Turnagain Arm as the sun is coming up (10am-ish) Also it was SO cold! -5F
So it's been another VERY long pause between entries.  I have since spent the holidays in Nome and New Years in Denver, watched one of my best friends get married in Mexico and had one of my best friends meet me in Anchorage at a time when I needed a friend more than I ever could have imagined (Thank you Lindy). I have moved to Anchorage, and my cat has followed me too.  I am very excited about my new city, meeting new friends, and nurturing some of the older friendships that I have in Anchorage already.  It was a little stressful because a lot of my newer friends in Anchorage I met through T. And T and I are no longer dating.  I feared that I wouldn't have anyone to hang out with at all.  But alas that is not the truth. The split was inevitable, and both parties were on kind of on the same page (Okay. I may have been on a page a few chapters back... neither here nor there... at least I was in the same book.), but the loss of the relationship still took its toll on me.  Since moving down from Nome the friends that I had met have been inviting and open. Inviting me to dinners and lunch and asking me if I need any help during this transition.  I wish the loneliness would leave, but I guess only time is the true healer in that department.

So anyways. Bentley is here!! It was sad to take him away from the place that had taken such good care of him and take him away from all of his cat friends. Marie and all the staff at All My Kitties loved and cared for Bentley like he was their own cat. I am forever grateful for the care and love you gave to my sweet boy.  I'm going to let Bentley settle in for about a month and see if he is lonely. If he is I may just add a cat to my cat lady status... It's okay I hear 3 cats and living alone is when you start navigating into spinster cat lady land.

Dirtrude made it to Anchorage, and all my stuff has been packed and placed on a truck that is going from Denver to Tacoma and then from Tacoma it's put on a barge to Anchorage... I'm sure most of it will smashed to bits by the time it all gets here.... Lindy says I need to be more positive... I'm positive half my stuff will be broken... thank God for insurance ;)  I have been passing my time here by diving back into my yoga practice and getting into a normal gym routine again.  It's nice to be able to go to the grocery and buy produce that isn't going to be bad within 24 hours of  purchase. Such luxury.

I start real work tomorrow. The first week I was in orientation, learning about the hospital and learning their electronic health records system. It will be nice to get a paycheck again!

Here are some pictures from the last month or so:

Me and Lindy sharing a moment in Mexico

Sunshine, pool and the beach! Heaven!
Bridesmaid! 

From the bottom of the Ce-Note looking
up


Another picture from the bottom of the CeNote


The day after I landed back in Nome from my stay in Mexico. Snow covered beach, and snow pants. Beautiful.

One of the best breakfasts I have ever had. SO AMAZING.
The Buff in Boulder, CO


One of the more pretty approaches I've had into Seattle. Mt. Rainier is in the back, Mercer Island in the middle, 520 Floating bridge is spanning the water, the clouds are low and rolling over Elliot bay to the far right of the picture.  The tip of the 737 wing on the left side of the picture

Until all the furniture shows up totes and camp chairs are where it's at.  #GrownUp
I'm working on my next post right this second. Now that some time has passed since I have stopped practicing in Nome I can now speak to some of the things that I encountered and explain to you why sometimes when you meet nurses we have a "hardened" exterior. Why our humor is a little darker and why we may seem like we "don't care" when just the opposite is true.  The weird things we do to distance ourselves from someone elses reality.

Long live the city life!

Love to you all!


2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Stumbled upon your blog. I hope you're doing well in Anchorage!

    Take care,
    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl!! Life is good! Hope you weathered the storm up there well last week! Looked like a doozy! Get in touch when you come to town! Would love to do drinks!

      Delete